Build trust and support through clear, authentic communication
Parliamentary Committee Appearances
COURSE CODE EN-PCA-SMGR
These are the modules to be taken by participants prior to a live, group videoconference or in-person session. These individual and group sessions are pre-arranged with a purchase order or service contract.
Be sure to sign in to access your course.
If you would like a quote for a group session, please contact [email protected]
Small Group Session
Our Parliamentary Committee Appearances Workshop will help the person appearing, as well as those who support them, to build trust and support with parliamentarians, and to further connect with the public service, the news media, stakeholders and the public.
3 self-directed modules
w/exercises and videos
A live 3-hour workshop. This component includes practice exercises.
1 reference manual
- The definition of an effective appearance before a parliamentary committee
- How to set meaningful objectives for the presenter and the audience
- Ideas – what they are and how to develop and use them as the key themes for your speech or presentation
- How to better understand your audience and tailor your content and delivery accordingly
- How to tell an effective story and structure your content so that your audience can follow
The use of language appropriate to the audience
- Visual aids and speaking notes
- Verbal and non-verbal delivery
- Handling question and answer sessions
- Handling difficult questions and questioners