Public Speaking and Presenting
COURSE CODE EN-PSP-SMGR
Be sure to sign in to access your course.
These are the four modules to be taken by participants prior to a live, group videoconference or in-person session. These group sessions are pre-arranged with a purchase order or service contract.
If you would like a quote for a group session, please contact [email protected]
Self-Directed with Self-Practice
Making an effective presentation or giving a briefing isn’t just about having good looking slides. Giving an engaging speech isn’t only about having a well written text. In both instances, it is also about understanding what you want to achieve, your audiences and, above all, yourself.
TRUSTMAKERS’ Public Speaking & Presenting will help you be engaging, interesting and comfortable in front of an audience, without having to “put on an act.”
9 self-directed modules
w/exercises and 11 short videos
Guidance on how to conduct and evaluate practice sessions on your own or with a colleague
1 reference manual
- remaining calm, relaxed and credible;
- building trust and credibility through clear communication;
- the definition of an effective speaker/presenter;
- how to set meaningful objectives for the presenter and the audience;
- ideas - what they are and how to develop and use them as the key themes for your speech or presentation;
- how to better understand your audience and tailor your content and delivery accordingly;
how to tell an effective story and structure your content so that audience can follow;
- the use of language appropriate to the audience;
- visual aids and speaking notes;
- verbal and non-verbal delivery (tone, pace, body language, etc.);
- handling question and answer sessions; and
- handling disrupters and distracters.